More question types

Nov 16, 2016

Are more question types going to be included? It seems that only a multiple-choice (single answer) option is available. Would be good to see multiple-choice (multiple answers) and sorting questions etc.

135 Replies
Anthony Goss

Thanks for letting me know that feature is there, Adam.

I create content for music education, so having visual and audio in quizzes is essential.  Of course, I still have Storyline which is capable of creating this functionality, but Rise is such a cool development tool.  I look forward to seeing it evolve over the next few months.  I think it would cut my development time in half.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Berno and Happy New Year! 

Thanks for checking in here about new question types - although we don't yet have an ETA on new question types being added to Rise, our team is continuing to look at all the ideas shared here within the E-Learning Heroes community and submitted within the Feature Request form to help us shape the roadmap. We'll keep folks posted in the Community and on the What's New page with all the exciting things to come! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cirri,

Thanks for the feedback that you'd like to see a drag and drop question type. I know they're investigating other question types and ideas, so we'll keep you posted on any other changes and additions to the Rise questions.

For the feedback, I'm not sure I'm clear on what you'd like to see. Currently after you answer a question if you have the feedback enabled you'll see that just below the answered question. Are you looking to have feedback by answer choice vs. just a general feedback for the entire question? That answer level feedback is something being discussed as a part of our roadmap, and once we've got more clarification around that we'll be certain to share here. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Emma!

The Sorting Activity is designed as an ungraded, lean forward moment to guide a user to check their understanding of a particular topic. This type of activity empowers the user to pause and informally assess before moving forward in the content.

Currently, the only graded question types that can be included in a quiz are multiple choice questions. But we are looking at additional question types, so I'll make sure the team knows that you'd like to see a sorting or drag-and-drop option as well! Thanks for checking it all out. :)