MP4 not uploading to Rise Microlearning

May 22, 2024

Hi, I am trying to upload an MP4 to a microlearning in Rise but it is not uploading. I get no error message it just whirrs for hours, i have even left it running overnight and it has not worked.

The previous week i uploaded a similar but larger MP4 file with no issues in the same way, so I am not sure why i am having an issue this time.

Any support would be appreciated.

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Martina, 

Happy to help!

There's a chance there's a problem with the video you're uploading causing the upload to stall if you can upload your other videos that are less than 5 GB to your Rise 360 course, 

To troubleshoot the behavior, here are a few things you can try.

• If only one video can't be uploaded, please share a copy here or in private by opening a support case so we can troubleshoot it with a tool called Handbrake. We'll delete it when we're done testing!
  • If all videos are affected, try doing a hard refresh on your browser by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking on the reload button in Chrome, and adding the Shift key in the combination if you're on Firefox.  You can also clear your cache if you have trouble performing the hard refresh.

Let me know how it goes!

Steven Benassi

Hi Becky!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

To clarify, can the same issue be observed across all supported browsers, or is it local to one? Also does clearing the browser's cache, or using an incognito browser window improve the behavior? If still unsuccessful, it would be helpful to see a copy of the video file that's giving you trouble. Do you mind sharing it here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

We'll delete it from our system as soon as troubleshooting is complete!