NEW IN RISE 360: Scenario Block

May 07, 2019

Today we released the scenario block for Rise 360, and we think you’re going to love it.

Now you can easily add branching scenarios featuring Content Library 360 characters to Rise 360 projects. Just drop dialogue, responses, and feedback into a scenario block to walk learners through choices and their consequences. And because it’s Rise 360, your scenario will look stunning on any device.

See the new scenario block in action:

Learn more about working with the scenario block and explore an example in Trina’s article. We can’t wait to see what you create with this new block type!

146 Replies
Jonna Fraser

I was really excited about the Rise 360 scenario block but now it seems that you are unable to use your own characters.. The characters and expressions available are really naft (sorry!) and the variety of clothing/ages/expressions is very limited.   

Have I missed something - Is there an option to use your own charter?

Anthony Goss

As with all things Rise, this is an excellent starting point.  I am sure Articulate will take into consideration feedback and will add options in the future.  I would like to see the ability to add audio, custom images, and custom characters.  I am in the K-12 world, not the corporate world, so some kid-friendly characters would be nice.  Even leveraging the illustrated characters would be a good way to create scenarios because you could leverage some illustrated backdrops that would fit.  

Nina Araujo

I agree, Anthony Goss, add-ons will grow as feature requests are listed. Nonetheless, while Articulate was taking its time, we explored this with H5P which, not only lets you add your own characters but even videos for dilemmas. So far, so very good with this option. UX and UI are intuitive and ample documentation online. H5P also provides a friendly diagram to make the branching visually easier to build. I don't work for H5P, nor do I benefit from this note - just helping others who were in my situation as well. The videos add a lot to the branching scenarios - they also integrate will all major LMS platforms. Just an idea.

Anthony Goss

I like H5P for the most part.  However, my experience with development is that the interface is a bit clunky.  Also, I would like to use H5P inside of Rise for some additional interaction, but I can't get it to play well with mobile.  Nina - if you have any recommendations for this use case, please let me know.  I would be happy to hear about this. 

Liz Derr

Loving this new feature! Is there any way to edit the pose/expression of the character on the main scene settings?  For example, I can edit Laura's expression and pose for text and dialogue, but she defaults with the headset on for the opening/closing of the scene. I've also noticed if I add a new scene, there is no way to edit the scenario end display for a new scene.

Kimberly Goh

The new scenario block is amazing! Is there a way to jump to a new background as soon as the user makes a choice? For instance, my character is standing in the office lobby. If the user chooses to have her take the stairs (instead of the elevator), I'd like to immediately display the character looking happy on the second floor.

Anthony Goss

H5P is a free open source platform for HTML5 interactions:  https://h5p.org/

You have to have Wordpress, Moodle, Joomla, or Drupal to use it freely.  They do have a hosted solution for those that want to use it but who do not have those platforms.  To me, it is not as good as SL360 because you are limited on what you can do.  It is form-based like Rise.  I would like to be able to use some of the interactions inside of Rise, but I have been unable to get it to scale properly on phones, which is a major consideration for my end user.  

Sara Gleeson

This a great move. However, branching activities are not just people based and we use the map of Australia to then branch content specific to state teams. It would be great if RISE could do this somehow incorporating hotspot points into branching.

In addition, being able to add our own characters and other objects  would help 

Nina Araujo

Same happened to me. Growing pains. Not yet ready for prime time with multiple scenes but I am sure this will be worked on shortly. As a basic solution for branching scenarios it seems to do the work. Once we start using it as a full branching experience, it leaves a bit to be desired in my case.