Processing Translation - Just spins for hours

Jun 05, 2023

Hello,

We have a RISE360 course in English.  We have made a duplicate and exported the XLIFF file (which gives me a file with the extension .xlf).  The file has been translated into French and I am importing it back into the duplicate course (step 3 in settings).

The file loads, but then it just "processes" forever and never completes...

Any assistance or ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.  

3 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Nathalie,

I'm sorry you're having trouble importing your translation into your Rise course. To ensure that your translations are imported successfully, you want to make sure you're importing your translation in the exact course from which you originally exported your XLIFF file. You also need to avoid making changes to the course after exporting your XLIFF. The XLIFF file is content-specific, so it can't be exported from one deliverable and imported into another. You can find more details on translating your Rise 360 course in this article.

Could you try the following steps again, please:

1. Export the XLIFF file from your course
  2. Translate that XLIFF file 
  3. Import the new translation file into your course. 

If you're still running into the same problem, kindly open a support case here so we can take a closer look at your course and troubleshoot the issue to determine what could be preventing your translation from being uploaded.

I hope this helps!