QuizMaker 360 Licensing

Feb 28, 2019

I'm developing courses in Rise 360 and need to create a quiz that gives custom pass/fail responses to the quiz results. I understand that QuizMaker 360 quizzes can be used with Rise 360, and can provide the usability my customer needs. 

Is QuizMaker 360 a separate product? Or are the QuizMaker 360 features included in SL 360? 

If QuizMaker 360 requires a separate license, would you please direct me to where I can purchase it? 

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide!

-Kate

12 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Kate,

Quizmaker 360 is a separate product, but it's included in your Articulate 360 subscription, as is Storyline 360. That's one of the things thats so great about Articulate 360 - you get access to all of our products. :)

That being said, you can't insert Quizmaker 360 quizzes into Rise 360, so I recommend creating your quiz with Storyline 360 instead. 

One thing you'll want to keep in mind is that while you can insert quizzes created in Storyline 360 into your Rise courses, the learner's score won't be sent to the LMS. If you need to track the score in your LMS, I recommend building the quiz directly in Rise or building out the quiz in Storyline and uploading it to your LMS directly rather than inserting it into your Rise course.

I hope that's helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Kate,

Quizmaker is part of Studio 360, so if you click on the Open button next to Studio you'll see a dropdown menu, and Quizmaker is one of the options.

That being said, as I mentioned above, you won't be able to insert a Quizmaker quiz into your Rise course, so you're better off building your quiz in Storyline.

Also, I'd like to point out that none of our tools allow you to generate a certificate of completion by default, though there are workarounds that exist.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

Roxane Roilleux

Hello Allison,

I am currently on the free trial and if I understand well, Quizmaker 360 is in Studio 360, which is itself in Storyline 360 (so complicated btw).

When I click on Storyline 360 to download it, I notice that it is only suggesting Peek 360 for Mac, does it mean that Storyline 360 doesn't exist for Mac?

Many thanks,

Roxane

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Roxane!

So sorry for the confusion. Happy to clarify!

Studio 360 consists of 3 tools:

1. Presenter 360
  2. Quizmaker 360
  3. Engage 360

Storyline 360 stands alone as a powerful course authoring tool. 

Both Storyline 360 and Studio 360 are compatible with Windows, but not with Mac. We have many customers who use Storyline on Mac with a virtual environment, such as Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion

Let me know if you have more questions about that!

Crystal Horn

Hi Gabrielle! Are you building your course in Rise 360? Knowledge check blocks in Rise 360 courses don't report to the LMS. They're an interactive way to help learners assess their understanding of the content so far. Quiz lessons in the course do report passing to the LMS, however, and you can choose to track by quiz result when exporting your Rise 360 course.

Does that answer your question?

Brajesh Sinha

Hi, I am planning to have licensed version of Storyline 360 to be used for my organisation. We need to prepare learning modules with voice overs (computerized and human both) and Quiz sometimes embedded in the learning module and sometimes separate quiz. We would like to have a lot animations/effects in the presentation.

Having understood the requirement what do you suggest, I should go for Storyline 360, or Articulate Studio?

When we purchase Storyline 360 does it come along with Studio?

Crystal Horn

Hi, Brajesh! The good news is that a subscription to Articulate 360 includes all of our authoring tools. That means you get both Storyline 360 and Studio 360!

Storyline 360 gives you audio and many more options for interactivity, and you can build your quiz questions right in Storyline. If you have an existing PowerPoint presentation, Studio 360 lets you add audio and standalone quizzes to the presentation.

Both Studio 360 and Storyline 360 are great, but the real powerhouse is Storyline 360. I hope that helps! There are other product forums for Studio and Storyline where you can get more specific help from expert users (this is the Rise 360 forum). 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.