Remove Course Cover Page in Microlearning

Apr 03, 2023

The new microlearning feature adds a very large header space (cover page wrapper in CSS) that I'd like to remove. That is, there's a large gap between the title and the arrow and the actual microlearning quiz. It looks awkward and doesn't mesh with the idea of microlearning. Is there a way to remove this space in microlearning?

52 Replies
Tara Adams

Hi all,

This thread has been incredibly helpful to me up until recently - I have successfully removed the cover page on multiple courses, but has anyone tried downloading a micro-course in the last couple of days? The code now looks completely different, and copying in what Jonica provided with your individual lesson code no longer works. 

I was also removing the restart button at the bottom of the course with a line of code provided in another community post under a section that included "TODO" in a line, and that entire chunk of code is missing, as well. To be clear, I am not a coder, but by following what everyone else provided here I was able to make it work, and now I have absolutely no idea what to do.

I am using Thinkific and tried uploading just the scormcontent folder with the Hide Cover Page option activated, and when I preview the lesson on Thinkific it just stays stuck on the "Content Loading" screen and the lesson never appears. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Jonica Rich

I just went in and looked at the info I provided in a previous comment (which I have updated), and it appears they now have "loadModule" in place of just "load" so it should instead look like this to work:

function __loadEntry() {  loadModule(JSON.parse(document.getElementById('__ENTRY__').textContent))
var currentUrl = window.location.href;
window.location.href = currentUrl + '[PASTE HREF HERE]';
}
Madelein Lindeque

Hi Gren,

I have been able to use this hide cover page feature successfully on microlearning for some time now but then yesterday, it started showing up again even though the "Hide cover page" button slider was activated. This is on published to LMS SCORM 1.2 and uploaded to Canvas - same setting we have used successfully the last couple of months. Can you or someone on your team please look into this issue?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Madelein, 

Happy to help!

I did a quick test using a new Microlearning course and I can confirm that the Hide Cover Page option works properly. Here's a link to the course for your reference. There's a chance that your LMS might be caching an older version of a course if you're still seeing the cover page in a new upload. As a troubleshooting step, can you try uploading your Microlearnings as a new course in your LMS to see if this helps? If new courses are still showing the cover page even though you have the option in the screenshot below disabled, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Kim Parker

PLEASE!!! Remove the cover page or give us the option to remove it!!! We also use a SharePoint site and are not publishing to LMS. This cover page is at the very least a distraction. Microlearning is billed as something quick - a quick hit if you will - this isn't quick. I've got to del with a cover page in the middle of a module. C'mon Articulate - get it together!!!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Madeleine,

Thanks for sharing your voice. I've added you to the feature request and we'll be sure to notify everyone subscribed to this thread as soon as it makes it to our product roadmap

As for your course not loading in your LMS, if your course is getting stuck during launch, I'd recommend testing in SCORM Cloud to compare the behavior. This could be either isolated to your LMS or course-related. If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, please open a case with our support team here so we can investigate what's happening.