Remove course cover page?

May 21, 2019

Is there a way to remove the cover page altogether?  I'm referring to the first page you see with the Start Course button, Details link, and content areas listed below.  When my learner clicks to view the course, I want it to open directly to the first lesson.  

136 Replies
Emma Chapman

Here's a way that worked for me - found on another thread:

I found the answer I was looking for... After publishing, you can edit the indexAPI.html file with the starting page of your choice. 

1. First you'll need the URL of the page you'd like to start on. Unzip the exported course and in the "scormcontent" folder, open "index.html" in your browser.
  2. Navigate to the page you want and copy the URL after "index.html#". Should look something like:  file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/TrainingPackage/scormcontent/index.html#/lessons/-abcdefghijklmnops?_k=xyzmp30 
  3. Go back to the unzipped course files, in the "scormdriver" folder, open "indexAPI.html" with Notepad++
  4. Search for "StrContentLesson" and find the line: strContentLocation = "../scormcontent/index.html#/preview";
  5. In the indexAPI.html file, replace "preview" with the URL of the page you'd like to start on: 
    strContentLocation = "../scormcontent/index.html#/lessons/-abcdefghijklmnops?_k=xyzmp30";
  6. Save the indexAPI. html file.
  7. Rezip the files and you're good to go!
Liz Habgood

How can this feature be so popular and completely disregarded by Rise? So disappointing to see it has persisted into the Beta release. 

Yes, there is a workaround, but like many people I have created hundreds of micropages that can be stiched together in multiple ways. That workaround is very onerous compared to a toggle switch. 

Please resolve this. How can you have been so busy for 4 years that this can't get on the backlog? 

Posting this whole thread in the public domain to raise awareness... Let's see if the Twitterverse can help us.