Replacing a Storyline block in Rise within the SCORM published file not triggering completion (no access to the original Rise project)

Jun 29, 2022

Hi there, 

Sometimes changes are required to Rise projects already uploaded in the LMS. And having no access to initial sources makes this task quite difficult. 

I have a Rise project exported as SCORM 1.2. I can replace images and video files without issues directly in the SCORM folder (while keeping the same filenames) but I need to replace / update a Storyline block. I replaced the relevant files in scormcontent/assets with the newly published SL files and it works, visually. But the completion trigger for the SL block doesn't work.

In the original Rise project, after the SL block, there is a 'Complete the content above' "Continue " button - and it's not getting activated although we did set the trigger currently in Storyline. Has anyone come across a workaround for this issue? Thanks. 

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Robert. Adding a Storyline block when editing your Rise 360 lesson creates communication between the Storyline interaction and your course. When you swap out the Storyline content after exporting the course from Rise 360, those communication lines can't be re-established in the output alone.

I'm sorry we can't help with modifying the published output, but I'm curious to hear if anyone in the community has come up with a workaround!