Reporting variables of a storyline activity in RISE

Jun 21, 2023

Hello,

I'm calling on you to help me with a scorm reporting problem on RISE for  Cornerstone.
I want to report variables for a storyline activity, but even when I track my activity in Rise, the variables do not come up. However, for the storyline activity alone in scorm, the variables were indeed reported to the LMS. How can I ensure this tracking while including it in RISE?

Thank you all for your help,

Have a nice day,

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Eva! I understand you wanted to report variables from an embedded Storyline content in Rise to your LMS.

Rise 360 doesn't have the ability to access variables from the Storyline blocks as it doesn't have a variables feature. This means that variables in your Storyline content will not be communicated to your LMS.

I hope this helps. I'll keep this thread open and let other community members chime in if they have a workaround for this situation.

Gren Foronda

Hi Eva!

I'll leave it to our community to share possible solutions for passing and reporting Storyline variables.

As for adding a satisfaction survey to your Rise course, right now, there isn't a way to collect survey or poll responses from learners in Rise. Instead, you can embed a third-party tool, like a survey app, and you'll need to refer to that tool for the collected responses. Some of the most popular tools are SurveyMonkey and Google Forms

Let me know if you have additional questions or clarifications; we're here to help!