Reusing images from content library throughout a Rise Course

Sep 03, 2018

Hello,

I wanted to reuse the same image from content library but cannot remember the search term I used and now cannot find it.  Is there any quick way to copy content library images into a different part of my Rise course without having to search for it again?  I know the file is  called IDCWdYrigaRu2xfY-stock-image.jpg

29 Replies
Michele Acosta

Thanks to all for helpful workarounds! This is a serous problem. I've often come across photos (while searching for something different) that will work great with parts of our course that we haven't even started to build. Saving them to my hard drive will save a lot of time. I strongly suggest that Articulate consider improving the image search engine. From what I've seen so far, the Content Library is almost entirely useless when a search term returns completely useless images. Using the search term "boys" should not return a bunch of girls trying to look sexy. And adding additional search terms to find a particular age group, for example, does not improve the search results. Having a large database of images is useless if users can't find the images they need in a reasonable amount of time.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michelle!

The example and feedback you gave are valuable, so thank you for sharing your experience. Our image search results are populated based on how well your search terms match tags that our content providers use on each of their images. I'll bring this up with our team so we can continue to refine the search process, and will keep you posted with any new information.

In the meantime, my colleague Trina offers some great time-saving tips for using Content Library here. She also recommends:

Start with a little word association since one word can mean a lot of different things. Let's say I need a picture of someone falling for a workplace safety course. If I search "fall," I end up with lots of images of waterfalls and fall foliage. But if I search for a related term like "safety," I’m more likely to find something that works.

It can also help to think contextually to broaden your image options. Instead of searching for "boss" or "businessman," I might search for environments or situations where you’d find those types of people. I've found that the results of this approach are relevant to my course and also help me convey the right feeling for my content.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Danny Cole

Can I add my +1 to this feature request.  It is really frustrating to try and re-use an image but have to go searching for it in the Content Library a second or third time for the same image  when you already have this facility in Storyline. Or at least use the actual filename rather than the uniqueID-stock image format as you cannot search on the uniqueID in CL to find the image.