Rise 360 Multimedia Embed block: How to change static image placeholder

Sep 20, 2019

I'm guessing that this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.  How Rise pulls metadata from an Embed link to display an image is a mystery to me; is there a way to change the static image placeholder? In the attached example, a LinkedIn Learning course is embedded, and the metadata that gets pulled to display the static image placeholder is an image from the site that shows the course is eligible for CEU's from PMI. I'd rather it show something different. Does anyone have examples to share of how you've been able to work around that?

5 Replies
Kevin Munson

@Crystal - I believe the current approach is to provide a link directly to the URL that launches the LinkedIn Learning content. As far as the second bulleted question, I am under the impression that it's preferred to launch in a separate browser tab/instance, because the user authentication that happens via single sign-on probably needs that.

Cherese Collins

Hi Crystal,

Is the embed code you are using in your Rise example supposed to be showing a video? I see just a white screen with a black line around it. If so, this is the same issue that I am having in my course. Does this mean that the video cannot be embedded? Do I have to then use a website link directly to the content? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.