Rise 360 Quiz

Aug 01, 2022

I am having an issue with Rise 360 Quiz Block.  I set the parameters to 80% Required Score, 2 Attempts - when the user fails both attempts it does not reset the quiz for them to take it again - Does that mean everytime someone fails the course we have to reassign the course to them to take over in LMS?

6 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Helen! You can set the quiz to unlimited attempts so that when they fail, they can retake it until they pass. If you restrict your quiz to 2 attempts, and the user fails it after 2 tries, then that means the learner has already reached the limit that was set (2 attempts) and won't allow the learner to retake it.

I'd like to dig deeper into this. Do you want your learners to retake the whole course after 2 failed tries? 

Roni Borri

Hi, I'm not the Original Poster, but had that same question. We have a Rise course that is restricted to 3 attempts. After 3 failed tries, the learner has failed the course, and require coaching. After coaching, we would like them to retake the course (or just the quiz - we're not that fussy). 

Is there a way to reset the attempts? 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Roni!

Right now, Rise doesn't have a feature that would require the learner to retake the entire course if they fail the assessment.

However, your LMS may allow you to reset a learner's progress, so they'll have to start over from the beginning. I would recommend reaching out to your LMS administrator to find out if you have that option.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Patricia!

In Rise 360, learners will see the Take Again button on the quiz results page even if they passed the quiz. The Take Again button will disappear only after they have used up all of their quiz retries. 

It sounds like you would prefer learners to see the Take Again button only if they fail the quiz -- I'd be happy to share that feature request with my team!