Rise 360 Tags & Translating in Trados

Mar 20, 2019

I'm having a big issue with Rise 360 and how the .xlf files work with Trados. When the files are exported, there are tags everywhere, which I'm told are for formatting the files. The problem is these tags mean the files take twice as long to translate and if we have a revision, the file will need to be translated as new again because the tags prevent Trados from recognizing the text as being translated already, creating even more work for our translation staff. 

According to the support team, I can export the files without the formatting tags; however, that means I will need to reformat every language course (of which we have 12 additional languages aside from English). This is not a good alternative or solution to this issue. Is there anything else that can be done to fix this problem so that no one is doing extra work???

The October 30, 2018 update was supposed to fix this issue and seemed to work fine for us and our translators. It's only recently that this has become an issue again. 

Please help! We have many other courses being developed that will need to be translated into all 12 other languages. 

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.