Rise 360-Undo Action

Sep 07, 2019

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a way to undo an action in Rise without losing everything. I accidentally deleted a table (I thought was deleting a row) and I couldn't undo the action. Is there a way to do that? If not, that really would be a helpful thing to create.

Thanks,

Kandice

52 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kandice! Michael and Matthew are both right.

• You can use the Ctrl+Z (or Cmd+Z on a Mac) for undoing your text edits in blocks. You should also be able to restore a recently deleted table.
  • When you delete an entire block or a lesson, the Undo option will appear in the lower left for a few seconds to allow you to recover that content.
Anne Burkauskas

When you delete an entire block or a lesson, the Undo option will appear in the lower left for a few seconds to allow you to recover that content.--Helpful to know, thanks!

We have multiple collaborators, and every now and then I'd like to see a previous version; but days or even a week may have passed. Is there any way to recover old blocks in that scenario? Or only at the time of deletion?

Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kandice,

It sounds like you inserted a table inside a text block, is that right? I'm sorry the delete button (trash icon) is confusing. That button is intended to delete the entire table.

If you want to delete a single row, click the row dropdown button, and select Delete Row

I'll share your feedback about the delete button with our team!

Nellenda Rublico

Hi, Alyssa!

I'm not sure if I clearly explained my question. I was asking if you folks have decided to make this Undo button appear longer than several seconds. Is there a way to make that a "permanent" button option. I see that a few folks have asked about this as an option and wanted to know if the engineering team will create it or not, etc. Hope that explains things better. Thanks!