Rise branching scenario

Aug 14, 2023

Hi all,

Am hoping to get the groups input here and a possible solution. I am developing a Rise course for an external client, after the learner goes through some learning content they will be presented with a case study page.

On the case study page I have used the Button stack option to take the learner to their area of specialty. There are 5 different areas, the learner will only need to complete 1 (e.g. in the attached Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Chiroopracty/Osteopathy, Psychology or Counselling). Within each case study there is an introduction to a character, a knowledge quiz, wrap up summary page and then all learners are returned to the key messages page.

Help:

Is there a way that I am able to hide some of these lessons from the learners view as the menu list is now looking very daunting? Plus I only need the learner to complete I case study related to their area of specialty.

Help:

With the knowledge quiz (basically 2 - 3 questions) I've had to turn off the "Require Passing Score To Continue" feature cause once you've completed 1 scenario and passed the quiz with 100% Rise would not let me finish the course as it was prompting me to complete all the other quiz's. Is there another way to get around this?

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

You can't adjust the built-in Menu to only show some lessons but not others. I suggest you turn off the Menu completely. That's done in Theme>Navigation>Type:

• As needed, you could include info in an Intro lesson about the outline of the course.

I'd also suggest turning off the automatic prev-lesson/next-lesson buttons.

• Instead, use button blocks to connect the lessons.

As for completing the course, you could route the quizzes to a final lesson that has a Storyline block with a Complete Course trigger.

• To add Storyline to Rise, you first publish the Storyline file to Review. When you do that, indicate that it should be tracked via the completion trigger.
  • Then, when you publish the Rise course, indicate that tracking should be done via that completion trigger in the Storyline block. 

(Personally, that's the kind of course I'd do in Storyline. That would allow you to track completion via whichever quiz the user completed first, which, of course, would be the one in their chosen specialty.)