Rise Browser Issues

Jun 06, 2018

We use cornerstone and have both google chrome and IE 11 as used browsers. I published a Rise course as a SCORM 1.2 and uploaded into cornerstone. The course only plays in Chrome, not in IE11. This is hard for us because most vendor courses our company uses works best in IE and we ask employees to always launch cornerstone in IE.  Now we have a problem because this only works in Chrome, so we have to set up messaging to users to log into cornerstone via Chrome for this specific course. It is getting confusing for our users.

Can someone help explain why this issue is occurring?

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Steven! I'm really sorry you're having issues viewing the course in IE11 – I'd love to lend a hand!

Can I gather a few more details from you?

• Does this issue happen with any Rise course, or just one in particular?
  • Do you see an error message when launching in IE11, or is it a blank screen?
  • Would you mind sending us one of the zipped export packages through this link?
Steven Crocker

Hi Katie. This was our first Rise course published into Cornerstone. I noticed afterwards, that there is a setting in Cornerstone when publishing a course to choose IE8, IE9, IE10, or None. And IE10 had been selected. When I changed it to None, it worked fine in both IE11 and Chrome.

This never seems to be a problem though with a Storyline publish... fyi. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.