Rise Continue buttons not working properly in Absorb

Sep 29, 2020

When we used Rise courses in eLogic the Continue buttons worked properly when the previous content would need to be completed before the button is clickable. In Absorb all of the Continue buttons are clickable even though in Rise they are set to "Complete Block Directly Above." Is there a setting that we're not using? I inquired with Absorb and they are not aware of any issues with Rise courses. 

Thanks!

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Claire!

What happens when you test this course outside of Absorb? For example, if you view the course Share link, does the same problem happen? 

I'd also recommend testing the course in another LMS environment, like SCORM Cloud. We're happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your file here. 

Bonnie Schmidt

I am having an issue with the continue feature - Complete block directly above or Complete all blocks above when using the button stack feature. It isn't requiring the learner to click on the buttons before continuing - the bar shows up as if I had not chosen "complete all blocks above" or "complete block directly above. My button stack has 8 different buttons to take learners to different documents to read.

Any suggestions?

Bonnie Schmidt

Hello – do you have any suggestions as to how I can force learners to read the required documents before continuing with the next lesson?

Bonnie Schmidt
Training and Staff Development Officer
Pima County Health Department – Abrams Center
3950 S. Country Club Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85714
520-724-7756

Lea Agato

Hi, Bonnie! There isn't a way in Rise to track whether your users have read required documents. A workaround that you can try is by using the following elements:

1. Checkbox list
  2. Continue button with completion type "Complete Block Directly Above"

The set-up should look like this:

With this set-up, your learner will need to acknowledge that they have read the required documents by clicking on the checkbox before they can click on the continue button.

I hope this helps!