Rise folders and moving content

Jun 20, 2019

Hi All,

I am the QA for our team content, so I get many Rise pages shared with me which by default are displayed in my 'Shared with me' folder.  When the QA is complete, I want to file the pages. Clicking on 'Move to folder' and selecting the required folder, does not result in the expected action of moving the file, only creates a copy or view of it elsewhere. My 'Shared with me' folder is full to bursting and a headache to navigate. Is there a reason that the file doesn't actually remove itself, as the action would suggest? Thanks!

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

30 Replies
Jeffrey Roden

Just starting to use Rise, and we're 1 course in but we can already see issues with folder organization. We actually use Jira to manage what we're working on, but it sure would be nice to be able to courses in different ways depending on our needs. For example, we might want to see:

• Which courses are published vs which are being worked on?
  • Which ones are about topic A and which are about topic B?
  • How do I know which topic A courses are published?

Seems like tags would be great to help manage workflow and/or different ways of viewing courses.

Also, kinda related, the collab issue. We work as a team, so why can't I move a course I don't own to another folder. Why can't a team own a course? Why is there just one owner? Why is there ownership at all? Ownership doesn't make sense for a solo creator or for a team of creators who collaborate. It only works for a team who doesn't collaborate, right? What kind of team is that?

Update: Looks like Team Folders and Shared Publishing are "In development". I look forward to seeing what that looks like. 

https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-360-Feature-Roadmap#review-360

Michael Ciraco

we desperately need 3 features:  
- team/group collaboration where any content placed in a group owned folder is automatically shared with people in the group, and changing group members immediately updates who can see all content in folder
- ability to move a shared object to a personal folder without making a copy of that object, just simple organization. 
- folders within folders.  

Kelly Auner

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.