Rise is not tracking course completion properly

Feb 07, 2017

I expected this the work as follow:
I have a published  course (scorm 2004 4th ed). Imported it to NetDimensions. On both laptop as well as mobile it runs just fine. However, progress tracking (the nice rounded and colored checkmarks ;-) is:

1. Not synced between devices
  2. Not persistent on mobile

Any info, solution, workaround would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Berno

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Berno, 

At the moment, a re-launched Rise course will always reach out to the LMS and ask for the suspend data needed to resume the learner's previous attempt at the course (in contrast to Storyline, where you have a few other options).

Some Learning Management Systems have features that will allow you to force a new attempt on the learner after completion, thereby declining to provide the suspend data needed to resume. So to confirm if your LMS is not sending that resume data or if there is something off with the Rise course, I'd look at testing it within the SCORM Cloud environment as that's an industry standard for LMS testing. You can follow the steps here to test the course or share a copy of your exported Rise course with us and we can upload there as well. 

Laura Douglas

I'm having a similar issue on my LMS, but it's while only being logged in on a single device.  And it's not throughout the entire course, only in one section does it start to happen. If what you're saying about the suspend data applies, then the suspend data works fine up until a certain point of the course, and then it starts to malfunction.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.