RISE not recording course % in Talent LMS

Oct 18, 2018

Hi, has anybody got the same problem with RISE courses in Talent LMS... they don't record the course % indication. E.g - looked at a RISE course, did around 25% which was marked fine in the rise course itself but when I exited the Talent LMS interface was showing 0% completed. Not sure if its RISE or Talent?

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

That's a great question, Paul. Let's dive into how Rise tracks course completion in a learning management system (LMS). 

When a Rise course is hosted on an LMS, the LMS will report either Complete or Incomplete, but not partially complete. For example, if you set the course completion percentage to 80%, learners that view 80% of the lessons or more will be marked as Complete, and users who view less than 80% will be marked as Incomplete.

If you'd like to do a deeper dive into the communication flowing back and forth between your Rise course and your LMS, you can enable LMS Debug Mode. Let me know if you have any more questions about that!

Crystal Horn

Hi Paul. Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you have a lesson 100% completed, or an entire course 100% completed?

The course should register completion with the LMS as soon as it reaches 80% complete. If that isn't happening, we can help you with next steps. If you can privately share the course output and let us know on which browsers you've tested, we'll troubleshoot further on our end.

Boston Cooper

Hi Crystal.

I have one of the RISE inside lessons as completed (check mark). The
overall RISE completition is 25% vs TelantLMS showing 0%

I believe TalentLMS reads te RISE course as an entire hole resource. Son
until the RISE course is 100% completed it tracks the 100% on TalentLMS.

I tested several export configurations as SCORM 1.2. TalentLMS do not
support SCROM 2004.

Julia Meyer

Hi there,

We are running into the same issue as above for Rise modules that were uploaded to SCORM Cloud and 100% completed, but not appearing as complete. Below are the packaging settings:

Export Type: LMS

Identifier: ama.2019.0724 (for one of the modules)

Tracking: Track using course completion: 80%

Exit Course Link: Off (our SCORM player is built into our platform)

The xAPI statement viewer registers xAPI data for our pre-quiz. "100% Complete" also appears within the Rise module content. However, under Course Reportage Summary, course complete displays 0% Complete. Any idea on how we can resolve this?

Thank you for your help,
Julia