Rise pages jumping directly to storyline block elements

Feb 25, 2018

Hi all, anyone else having issues with Rise pages jumping directly to storyline block elements within a page. ie, if a storyline block is at the bottom of a rise page, then once the page loads, it will automatically jump down the page to that element.

Thanks

39 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Peter, 

Sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with your Rise course and the Storyline block.

I've not seen a similar report of this behavior and I'm curious in how I could test/replicate this as well. 

Looks like Matthew has chimed in to help you out based on some things he's seen previously.

Hey Matthew - Thanks for reaching out here. Curious if the 'focus' of the input field is what seems to be driving what you've seen previously? Is this something you've reported for Storyline in the past or something you just worked around? Thanks for all your help :)

Siobhan Keleher

Hi I know this thread is a year old but was wondering if anyone else is still having issues?  I'm having the same issue with a free form drag and drop but I'm using chrome. I've added a continue block before the Storyline block and this seems to have helped but I don't want to have to do this every time. I haven't had any other instances of this happening in my other Rise courses - just this latest one. Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be great!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Siobhan,

Sorry that's happening to you! We've seen the same problem, specifically when you publish the Storyline content with Flash in the output. 

Would you be willing to send your Rise 360 Share Link to our support team so we can take a closer look? You can open a case by clicking here. We'll be standing by!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Vickie. The most recent instance of this problem occurs with the latest update of Storyline 360 (update 36). We're working on a fix now, and I'll make sure this discussion is updated once we release it. 

If your Storyline interaction wasn't published with update 36, can you let us know? You can privately share your .story file with us here for testing. We delete all files when we're done troubleshooting. Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, Vicki!

We fixed the problem where Rise 360 lessons jumped immediately to Storyline blocks where the first slide had a layer.

To take advantage of this fix, install the latest Storyline 360 update, republish your course to Review 360, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360.

Let us know how it goes!

Vickie Sublette

Thanks Alisa!

It will take awhile for me to see if it works because I have to put in a call to technical support as our computers are locked down against installs, wait for the technician, go into the office (I work remotely but have to travel to the office for updates) and then have it installed on their time schedule. Not a simple task, unfortunately. 

Agnieszka Gorgon

I am still running into this problem in both Edit and Preview modes. I am working with the latest version of Storyline 360 and have inserted a Storyline block into a Rise 360 page.

The 3 pages built in Storyline have layers and text entry boxes on each page.

I have tested this in Chrome, Firefox and Edge - all three browsers present the same issue. 

I'd love to know how to fix this.

Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Agnieszka and Sherri. Sorry you're having trouble with Storyline Blocks.

Would you both mind sending us a copy of your Storyline 360 file? We will test it by inserting it into a Rise 360 sample course to see if we run into the same problem.

If that works for you, you can open a case and attach the file here.