Rise - Quiz if Failed = Exit course button, not Continue button

Nov 17, 2021

Hi, I'm using the quiz in Rise for some big exams. The exams only have 2 tries, and currently I have a lesson after the quiz thanking the trainee for completion and congratulating them on becoming certified in their subject matter. However, if they fail both attempts, I need to track this in my LMS. Right now I use the "Require passing score for continue button" in the quiz, however, when they fail and close the course, the status remains "In progress".

It seems like the "Exit course button" does not track the failed score and only leaves it "In progress"? I can't show the continue button when they fail, as i don't want the failed trainee to see the "congratulations" lesson. 

Does anyone have any good suggestions of how to track the failed scores? Ideally I need it to: 

- If=failed, then=exit course + send failed score to LMS
- If=passed, then= show continue button (as it does today)

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Elida! 

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work.  I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.
You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 

Hope this helps!