RISE: Submit button doesn't work on question

Jan 14, 2019

I have a Rise course with a five-question quiz. For one of the multiple response questions, the Submit button does not function in production; clicking it yields no result and learners cannot advance. The question works fine in the Rise preview mode and in Articulate Review, but when I upload to our LMS I get these issues. Tech details are below, any insight is greatly appreciated!

Question type: Multiple response (3 out of 6 checkboxes for correct answer.)
Quiz settings: 80% pass score, require pass = off, unlimited retries, include in lesson count = on, randomize = on, shuffle = on, reveal = on
Publication settings: LMS, AICC, Track using course completion (100%), Complete/Incomplete, Exit Course Link
LMS: SuccessFactors 

10 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Dogan! It sounds like this is an issue in SuccessFactors. You can try testing your course in SCORM Cloud. If the submit button works without any problems, feel free to report the issue with SuccessFactors support.  If you get the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, we'd be happy to take a look at your course and troubleshoot it further!

Jana Menge

We just had the same issue. In the Rise preview everything is fine, but after importing it into our LMS (ILIAS)  it has problems with non-responsive submit buttons. Same thing happens when tested in SCORM cloud. We figured out what causes the bug: When a "0" stands next to a "%" (with and without space in between) it will cause problems (see screenshot attached). Is there anything the programmers here can do to adjust the code, so that an LMS will have an easier time to read it out properly? 

Lea Agato

Hi, Jana! I tried to recreat the scenario you described. I tested the course in SCORM Cloud and it seems to be working just fine:

Since you're getting non-responsive submit buttons when you test your course in SCORM Cloud, would you mind sending us a copy of your exported course so we can test it in our environment? You can  send your file privately using this form. Thanks!

Jana Menge

Thanks for your feedback. I just submitted the file using the form you suggested.

I forgot to mention in the ticket: The error can be found in the course quiz sections 2.3 Zoomen > Wissenstest: Zoomen (JM) (Question 03/04) as well as in 2.4 Weitere Ansichtsoptionen > Wissenstest: Weitere Ansichtsoptionen (Question 03/05). 

Let me know if you the support team needs my SCORM Cloud link.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.