Rise360 Course not loading into LMS

Jul 04, 2022

Hi there

I've had a look through the threads to see if I could troubleshoot my issue of a Rise360 course not loading into our LMS.  I don't get a detailed message, just that it has 'failed'.

The course is standard content, with 4 (mp4) video's, so nothing out of the ordinary.  The font is Open Sans and I am uploading the downloaded file from my desktop.  I haven't had issues in the past and I upload frequently, so not sure what is happening with this file?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Renee

10 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Renee,

One of the common reasons for a SCORM file upload to fail, is that it exceeds the size limitations of the LMS.

How does the size of the failed ZIP file compare to SCORM files that uploaded successfully? Are there major file size differences?

Another common reason is the use of special characters (even spaces) in video or other asset files names.

Renee Shaheen

Hey Karl

Thanks for your reply.  The file size isn't larger than others that I have uploaded previously, so I don't think that is the issue.

Ahh, I hadn't thought of the video file names, as these are edits of a much larger video file, so that could well be causing the issue.  I will rename them and see if that makes a difference..

Thanks for you suggestions. :)

Renee Shaheen

Thanks Alyssa..  It does appear to be something with my LMS.  I got a colleague to work on the file and remove the video's and add them in again and he was able to successfully publish it to the LMS.  Not sure why he was able to and I wasn't, very strange, however we got there in the end and it is now live.  Thanks for your help.