Scorm package name gets wrong

May 05, 2023

Hey guys,

I have a very strange problem happening with microlearning, every time we reuse a template or training by duplicating it and editing it, we change the names and everything correctly. However, when uploading to my EAD platform, some detail of the scorm package, which I couldn't find where it pulls from, brings the name of the original file that was cloned, for example:
I created a microlearning called "CPA10 - Module 1" from scratch, and when duplicating it to create the other modules and exporting them, even though I changed it to "Module 2, Module 3..." in the file details for the user it still pulls the name "CPA10 - Module 1", according to the screenshot of my EAD system, everything underlined in red are the names of the scorms, which insist on keeping all with the same name.
This only happens when duplicating a microlearning, with courses it changes the name normally.

Can someone help me please?

4 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Emerson,

Great question! I understand that you are seeing the same name appear in EAD even though you've duplicated and changed the name of your Microlearning. I'd be happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening! I have a follow-up question about the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Are you possibly using an update course feature when uploading your Microlearnings? This would only update the existing course and not see it as a new course.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Emerson Hack

Hi John, thanks for the feedback.

I'm not updating, but uploading each scorm package as a new one.

I tried to change one of the packages for testing purposes, uploading a scorm from a course and not from a microlearning, and the name correctly updated to the package name, and when I exported the microlearning in Rise again and uploaded it to the environment, it presented the same name "CPA10 - Module 1", I tested it in every way to ensure that the problem is really in the exported package and not in the EAD environment.

Christopher Santos

Hi Emerson,

I don't have access to EAD LMS, but I tested your workflow scenario in SCORM Cloud and got a unique name for the original microlearning and the duplicate.  The name, which is pulled from the title tag inside the lmsmanifest.xml file of your SCORM package (as shown in the sample screenshot below), did not carry over from the original to the duplicate.

name

In SCORM Cloud, there is a way to open the lmsmanifest file from within their platform.  Do you know if you can do the same with EAD to check what the title tag says?  You may need to reach out to their support to confirm this.

You can also test out the SCORM packages for the original and duplicate in SCORM Cloud.  Once you can confirm that the courses are keeping their unique names in SCORM Cloud, you may need to reach out to EAD LMS support to check on how the names are being handled since our file is passing the correct title element based on my test.  

You may reach out to our support team at any time, too, if EAD has some questions for us in relation to your issue.