Sharing copies of Rise 360 source files?

Dec 14, 2023

Greetings all, 

Approximately five years ago, a pertinent question was raised in the community about the availability of support for creators to download training source files from Rise 360 (example post: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/articulate-360-do-we-have-access-to-source-files)

This issue is especially relevant to consultants like myself, who need to provide clients with copies of the training materials we develop for various purposes.

In the realm of content creation, it’s standard practice to hand over source files, which are typically bound to the original creation tools (such as Captivate, Lectora, or Articulate products). Therefore, with Rise 360, it would be reasonable to expect an option to export the source content in a format that clients can readily import into their own licensed versions of Rise 360, or a more likely scenario, hold the source files off-line until a future creator is hired to update the course.

Currently, I’m aware that it’s possible to send a zip web file via email, but there seems to be no functionality to re-import such files back into Articulate. This limitation is perplexing, considering the importance of this feature for professional use.

Could I be overlooking a feature or a workaround?

How do others, particularly those in temporary or contract roles, ensure that their clients retain access to the source files for which they have paid?

Insights from the community would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Shawn,

"Therefore, with Rise 360, it would be reasonable to expect an option to export the source content in a format that clients can readily import into their own licensed versions of Rise 360."

If your client has a current Articulate 360 subscription, it is both possible and easy to send them a editable version of your Rise course.

Shawn Connelly

Thanks for your reply, Karl.

>If your client has a current Articulate 360 subscription, it is both possible and easy to send

> them a editable version of your Rise course.

While I appreciate this option, I am concerned about its practicality. Expecting a client to maintain a subscription costing $1,300 annually just to access their source files seems quite onerous. This is especially relevant, considering they may not have ongoing or frequent needs for the Articulate 360 platform.

Additionally, I'd like to address my situation as a content creator who utilizes multiple tools. My work often involves Lectora and Captivate, and this project is my first encounter with Articulate 360. It appears that Articulate Rise 360 is the only platform that does not allow offline storage of source files. This is surprising and somewhat inconvenient, given that the ability to store and access source files offline is a fundamental feature in all other content creation tools.

Unless I have continuous Articulate Rise 360 work, it makes no sense for me to continue maintaining an active Account. So what happens to all my projects? I lose them all? Sure, I can keep offline web copies, but I won't be able to edit or leverage them for future projects.

Is this a unique concern, or have others found themselves in similar situations? Any further insights or workarounds you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for considering my perspective.

Roxanne Hinds

Hi Shawn,

This is not a unique concern; I have a similar problem. My clients need the ability to update courses to make them more current and relevant over time without having to return to me or maintaining a subscription to store the editable course. I hope that the option to download source files from Rise and reupload to edit will be made available in the near future.