Start course button not working on LMS or in Previe in Rise

Aug 31, 2021

Hello

The issue happens when I preview the course in Rise and also when I access it on our LMS. When I click on the Start the course button or the welcome to unit tab, it gives us a blank page. In the LMS, we need to erase the attempt before accessing again so that the lesson can work correctly. The lesson works correctly when I select a different tab in the lesson menu. It brings me to the correct section in the course and I can navigate the course correctly, even the Welcome to unit tab. 

I made the courses in Rise 360, divided in multiple categories. Lessons in two of those categories work fine with no problem, I have one category where all the lessons in it give us the issue with the Start course Button and the welcome to unit... tab. A lot of changes were made to the courses in the last few weeks. Some of the troublesome courses were updated/exported and uploaded earlier than those that work correctly. 

Would you have an idea of what might have happened? 

6 Replies
Catherine Harley

Hi Karl

Not in that category (let's call it Category A).  We added spanish lessons to Category B and we have no problem so far with those one. Just with Category A where there are 22 lessons in English and French and it's only recently. I did some edit on those in the last weeks, but it was just a change of document and update to the knowledge check. 

Catherine Harley

Hi Hazel

We are using Moodle. It only affects two courses, both using lessons from Category A (problematic category), and those lessons were updated in the last weeks. 

The course was a copy of another course and I just checked if the lessons were working correctly in the original one and they do.