Storyline 360 blocks in Rise 360 and viewed on mobile

May 16, 2023

Hi,

We've spotted some new behaviour when inserting Storyline 360 blocks in Rise and then viewing these blocks on mobile.

The majority of our users consume their training on mobile, so the following issue is causing us problems and I'd be grateful for any advice.

When viewing SL360 blocks in Rise 360 on mobile, (iOS or Android) the SL360 block pops out of the main screen. This in itself isn't an issue - but what is a problem is that the height of the pop-out window corresponds to the height of the screen in which the SL360 block was inserted in.

In practice what this means is that if the screen just has a bit of copy above and beneath the SL360 block, there isn't an issue and the user can easily see the SL360 block. But if you have a large course which is continuous scroll, (which we do) the height of the pop-out window is huge, the user has to scroll a long way down to view the SL asset, then scroll a long way up to view the 'X' to close the window.

This is unusable for our users, so we can't use continuous scroll for this reason - has anyone else had experience of this?

Thanks
Chirs.

2 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Chris!

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you are running into issues while viewing Storyline 360 blocks embedded in a Rise course on mobile devices. I'd be happy to offer some insight!

This is a bug we are currently looking into, so I've included your voice in the bug report and will update this thread if it's released in a future update!

Here's a closer look at how we identify and tackle bugs.

Kelly Auner

Hi, Chris!

I have some great news to share!✨

We have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.78.30680.0). An enhancement that's included in this update:

•  Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off.

To take full advantage of this feature, please update Storyline 360 to the latest version.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help! You can reach out here or privately in a support case.