Storyline Blocks in my Rise Course are no longer loading/showing

Oct 15, 2020

I have been working on a rise course that has storyline blocks in it.  I have been working with this file within our LMS (Workday Learning) for the past few weeks with no issues at all.  Published it multiple times and loaded it into the LMS and tested it with no issues.

Now, when I publish the course (SCORM 2004) the storyline blocks are simply black and do not load.  I have tried it on my Mac and a PC.  I have changed absolutely nothing with the Storyline files.  They are simply not working any more.  

I have republished the file numerous times, and sometimes the first storyline block works, but then the second does not.  

Can someone please help?  I need to roll this training out asap.  Thank you!

7 Replies
Mike OBryan

Hazel, I found a solution to my issue. It wasn't that the content wasn't showing up, it was that my SL blocks that had video on the first slide showed as a black box with the filename. Of course the solution was to move my video to the second slide with a poster frame and trigger on the first. 

That said, while I love the integration of Rise and SL (and understand the mobile device autoplay issue), I think Articulate could do a better job with this workflow. Functional? Yes. Good UX (Developer and End User)? Defintely not. 

Thank you for addressing my issue. As always... E-Learning Heroes rocks!