Storyline button to Rise

Dec 03, 2019

I'm building a course Rise and I use the Continue button a few times throughout.  We're on a push for accessibility and need our branding and contrast to be used quite often.  Because of the restraints in Rise for buttons, I'm trying to import a button from Storyline.  I've found a way to make it LOOK like it should in Rise, but how do I make it STOP the course in Rise as the embedded Continue button does? 

What trigger settings should I use from Storyline?

Thanks, 

Neal

10 Replies
Sam Williamson

I don't believe it's possible to have Rise pass information to a Storyline block, at least not without getting into the realm of custom JavaScript.

I think the simpler solution for your needs would be to customise the CSS, so any 'Continue' blocks you include will use your colour of choice. This is more trouble than it should be but not too complex.

First you want to customise the below, changing the emboldened part to whatever hex colour you want to use for the button.

.brand--background[role="button"] { background-color: #000000 !important; }

Once you've exported your course from Rise, open up index.html in a text editor, like Notepad. If you search for "brand" it should take you to the <style> section where branding colour rules live.

Simply paste your extra style rule in the same place, on a new line, and your 'Continue' blocks should now be a custom colour. (Hopefully; I haven't tested this for real, just using Chrome's developer tools.)

Naturally you'll need to manually repeat this process whenever you republish a course.

Neal Colson

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the quick response!  Like most companies, we have a few different colors that we want to use to brand.  If we could have the ability to change the button color as well as all the text options (size, color, bold, etc.), that would be great! 

Also, the ability to change the button size or have it automatically change the size for text would be great!

Thanks again, Alyssa!

Stefaniada Voichita

Hi there,

Besides having the Continue button displaying at all time, I have another questions.

Is there anyway to change the text colour from white to black or any other colour? For my module I have to use a colour palette due the branding requirements. However, on the yellow palette that I have to use, the Continue text in white fails contrast requirements for accessibility. Please advice. Thanks, Stef.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.