Text on cards in sorting activity is cut-off when viewed on phone

Jul 21, 2017

There is a limit to what I can put on a card, but even if I stay within that limit the last few words of the sentence are cut off the eLearning is used on the phone. What (except for shortening the sentences) can I do?

36 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Mandy! Are you using the Sorting Activity in Rise 360?

If so, each item can have up to 80 characters of text.

Because of limited screen space on smartphones, each item can have up to three lines of text when viewed in portrait mode, which could be fewer than 80 characters of text. If you're using custom fonts, you may see fewer than three lines. You can preview sorting activities in Rise 360 and switch to mobile portrait mode to make sure all your text displays correctly.

Sarah Eilingsfeld

Hello there,

has this issue been addressed yet? We are experiencing problems with the sorting-activity as well, text is cut off. As most users will do the course on their smartphones it's important that the cards are readable on smartphones. Is there a way to either change settings through LMS (like how many word will show or font size) or do we have to shorten all the text? I would be grateful for some help with this. 

Thanks

Nikola Antonic

Hi! 

Is there any plan to resolve this bug?

What I don't understand is that text is cut-off, but when the card is dropped on the correct target, the text is not cut-off, so it seems that is possible to show the full text on the card on mobile in some situations.

It would be great if this could be fixed because a lot of us creating courses for mobile learning.

If Rise 360 is a responsive tool and advertised with the slogan "Mobile Learning Development Done Right ", it would be good to know what is the exact data limit for sorting activities that will work on all devices.

I hope sorting activity could work on mobile devices same as on desktops, because it is a really cool interaction :)