text overlay same as Labeled graphic

Hello, it's possible to create a labelled graphic with hot-spot overlays providing a text explanation.

I need something like this but in a text overlay situation instead of an image overlay.  The reason for the request is that we have course designers that want a glossary function for terminology. A glossary that's not on a different page to which they have to navigate; I can't have them leaving the page to read a definition. Even if it's just an underline...
Is there anything like this on the horizon?

6 Replies
Jeff Forrer

I end up doing what I can't in Rise in Storyline and inserting that into Rise.  Responsiveness isn't too bad as long as you make the stage a reasonable size.  

Here is an example from Dan Winter in another discussion of a Glossary pre-built in Storyline you could use.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/adding-glossary-to-rise

Anthony Karcz

Are you thinking about something along the lines of a hovering tooltip? I love that idea! Right now, there isn't a way to do this in Rise 360 but I'd love to see something like it.

We'd love to hear more about how this would improve your authoring experience. If you don't mind, please submit a feature request here.