Transfer Ownership If Member Leaves

Jul 09, 2018

Hi there,

I've searched for a solution, but I don't see one. I know that the course owner in Rise can transfer the course ownership to another team member. I am the coordinator of our team. What happens if a team member (course owner) leaves, and we need to transfer ownership of that course to someone else? How do we do that? Our "admin" says that's not a function the admin can perform.

Thanks for any help!

42 Replies
Jamie Hamilton

I have a similar question. A member of our team recently left, and ownership of all their courses was transferred to me (Storyline and Rise) as their manager. I will not be working with the content and would like to transfer all of it over to another designer. Is there a way to do this in bulk without having to move each course individually? Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Jamie!

The Storyline 360 files can be transferred in bulk. You can use a network drive to share access to all Storyline 360 files with another author.

On the other hand, there isn't a way to send Rise 360 courses to another author in bulk. Instead, you'll want to send a copy of each course to the new author. 

Brandy Gravely

Hello,

My company is currently in a similar situation. I believe we have a 360 Teams subscription.

The sole content creator and main user of Articulate (my predecessor) has left the company. All of the content they created was transferred to someone on another team. We need a way to transfer that content in bulk over to me, the new main user. Is this possible? The content includes both Storyline 360 and Rise 360 courses.

Lea Agato

Hi Brandy! We don’t have an option to transfer multiple Rise 360 courses between active users. The only way that courses can be transferred in bulk is if a user is removed from the team, and the option Assign content to someone else is selected. We're tracking requests to have a feature for sharing multiple Rise 360 courses at a time, and I’ll let you know here if this feature becomes available. 

As for Storyline 360, courses are stored locally on the user’s computer.  If you need to access courses created by someone who has left your organization, you’ll need to copy them from that person’s computer.  

I hope this helps! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nicole! Since there are a number of feature requests in this discussion, I want to be sure we have the details on what you're looking for. 

Are you hoping to transfer content to another author one when you remove someone from your Articulate 360 team? If so, check out this article:

Karel Wagner

Hi,

I have the same concern as most everyone that has commented. I had someone assist in a project by developing content. They have made me a collaborator and I can edit. But I can't move it to the project folder, or export it for our LMS. Perhap in your discussion to build in transfer capabilities, you will consider 'co-owners' allowing team members to do all that the author can do. 

Karl Muller

Hi Karel,

Have you explored the Course Manager role?

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. 
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

Source: https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360/articles/rise-360-work-on-a-course-with-other-team-members 

Bradley Fredrick

If the OWNER adds a new collaborator or transfers ownership of the Rise content, will the "Course Manager" be notified of either of those changes? I'm not sure what communications will occur to the Course Manager if an Owner adds/removes other users. 

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Edit Vizer

Hello, I would like to clarify something before starting any process. I am leaving my company, and I'll need to transfer ownership of all of my Articulate content (primarily Rise) to my manager. We have a team membership for Articulate. What's the most time-effective way of doing this? 

1) If we do the transfer method described here, would it solve it all at once? Will all of my content then be available for my team later on?

2) Or, do I still need to sign into Rise, and then open up each and every course I ever created (there are several hundred), and transfer ownership course by course? (I hope we can skip this very long process... :) )

Thanks in advance!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Edit! 

You are correct! The method described here would be the quickest and most efficient way to transfer all of your content to another person on your Articulate 360 Team:

When an admin removes you from the Articulate 360 team, they will see the dialogue box below. This gives them the option to transfer all of your Rise 360 content to another author on the team.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Remove team member window