Transferring rise courses without deleting a user

Jul 03, 2019

Is there any way for a group admin to transfer a course from another user, without being the "author" of that course?

The only way I can find to transfer another users courses is when you delete their account.

If not, this means that, while I can edit other users courses, I cannot export them.

5 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Lesley,

When you add team members as course collaborators, they all have access to the same instance of the course, not a copy of the course.

We add all team members as either collaborators or Course Managers to all of our courses. Courses can however have only one course owner.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Lesley! Great question! 

Collaborators can have one of these three roles:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • Course Manager can't edit labels, transfer ownership, or delete the course. 
  • Course Collaborator can't access any of the options in Settings, Share, Review, or Export. They can only edit the course. 

By default, they start with the course collaborator role and you can change this at any time.

P.S. It looks like you replied via email and your signature came through. No worries though, you can click Edit on your comment to remove this!