Translation is not imported

Apr 09, 2019

I have just received the translated files (from English to Simplified Chinese) from the translation agency. Now, I have successfully imported the .xlif files into Rise, but I still continue to see the English version of the course whereas I am importing the Simplified Chinese version. Do you have any idea on the reason for this unexpected behaviour? How could I solve it?

32 Replies
Darrell McElmurry

Hello,

We too are experiencing the same issue when importing a translated xlif file into an Articulate 360 e-Learning course, no translation results displayed.  Though in the text of the xlif doc the translation is evident, the document appears configured correctly.  I've included the translated xlif file for review.  This xlif file was translated using ETMA which is required for some HP GBU WW.  Perhaps it is in the file or in the duplication process, resolution assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thor Melicher

@Darrell,

Although the file has been translated, it's missing <target> elements which is why the import isn't showing any change.

It seems that either the translator or the software chose to replace the <source> elements with the translation rather than adding the <target> elements.

So it's a bit easier for you to see the structure, you can change the extension form .xlf to .xml and then drag and drop into a browser. 

Once loaded, look for <source> tags.  Immediately after <source>, you should see <target> tags that are in the same layout as <source>

In this small snippet from your XLIFF, you would see <target> on the next line after </source>

It would look something like this:

<target>
    <pc id="block_0">
       <ph defaultRef="generic_1" id="generic_1"/>
       <pc dataRefStart="span_2" id="span_2"> © © 2020 HP Development Company, L.P. La información contenida en el presente documento está sujeta a cambios sin previo aviso. Confidencialidad HP-solo para fines de formación.</pc>

(and so on until you get to </target> - it should be a literal mirror except in <source> you would see the original language and <target> would be the translated language.)

I hope that helps at least the mystery why your translation isn't importing as expected.  

Hironori Kikuchi

Hi.

Same problem has been happening translation from English to Japanese. Process got stuck.

Our EU team members duplicated English course to Japanese team. And I've asked for translation to localizing vendor using our translation systems.

I've received the translation in that system and imported to that duplicate content. That issue occurred.

I'm using Firefox for import. Hope this info helps. Thank you.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Hironori!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing a screenshot of the error you are getting.

I want to ask if the generated translation is in XLIFF version 1.2. Was it translated using automatic translation software? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or using another supported browser?

Would you be able to share the original and translated XLIFF files with us for testing? You can share your files by opening a support case here. Our engineers may also ask for a copy of your Rise course to further investigate the issue.