"Unable to Generate an Embed for this URL..." with Google Doc link with Markers in Rise

Jan 30, 2024

Hello!

I am trying link a google doc into one of the markers in my rise course but I keep getting this error: "We are unable to generate an embed for this URL. Please check that the URL is valid and the content is publicly accessible." (See Attached: Media Error 1)

Is it because the content isn't publicly accessible to everyone? However, it is accessible to all of the employees in my company. Is the SSO the reason why these links aren't working?

I have also tried using this solution per the previous discussion threads:

<iframe src ="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d9LAfnJ1UxxT12oVjUwbTA5uSxMeLPjp/view"></iframe>

It also doesn't not work. (See Attached: Google Drive Error 2)

Current solution we have right now is to link the marker to the Confluence page that we have with the link to the google doc.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Tanya,

Happy to help!

To explain the first screenshot, the links that you are trying to embed in a Rise 360 course need to be publicly accessible before they can be added. In this type of setup, Rise 360 is the one accessing the content and not the learners directly, so the content has to be accessible by Rise 360 first before it can be shown in your course.

For the second screenshot, the error is also similar. The iframe code is trying to display a secure page and isn't detecting any active logins, which is why it is displaying the 'You need access' page. You'll need to make the content publicly accessible before you can add it to a Rise 360 course. 

Hope this helps!