Updating video in Rise is taking forever, stuck on "Processing Video" for a very long time

Nov 19, 2020

Hello,

I have been trying to update/add a video for the last 2 days in Rise, and it is always stuck in the "Processing video" state. I left the window open overnight, and it was still in the same status this morning. I have tried several things, including deleting the section and re-add it; deleting the lesson and re-add it; click cancel and add it again... nothing has worked for me so far.

I don't think the video itself is problematic, it is one of a batch of a dozen or so videos that were all produced the same way (exported from Camtasia and compressed by HandBrake), and all the other videos made it up there okay.

Could someone point me in the right direction here? If it is indeed a problematic video, I'd like to know what's wrong with the video, so I can address it.

-Josh

42 Replies
Melissa Specht

Just weighing in again as I have struggled with this issue for years!! Today a colleague suggested making sure the video was on my hard drive/desktop before uploading it to Rise. I had it on my OneDrive (cloud) which I thought was good enough and it was not working. As soon as I copied it to my desktop and used that version, it uploaded instantaneously. Hope this saves someone some time!!!!

Steve Warren

Sorry to disagree Karl, because you're a very helpful guy, but the issues often relate to when you do it.
Try with the same video the next day and it's fine.

One thing: if you mouse over the block on the right, the editing options are hidden, but the image alt text appears and they still work. So you can actually delete the block after it's been whirring away for a while.

Then come back later and try again!

Hope this helps someone.
Steve

Liz Hook

Hi.  I'm having exactly this problem - 228 MB file, uploads relatively quickly and then hangs in processing.  Nothing on your outage page.  My internet speed is fine.  I have deleted the block and tried again.  I have cleared my browser cache and the file is uploading from my hard drive.  Can you please let me know what I need to do to sort this.  Thanks

Eric Santos

Hi Nancee,

I'm sorry you've hit this snag when uploading videos to Rise 360! I appreciate the troubleshooting you've already done.

We're aware of the problem, and our engineers are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, you can add _NOPROCESS_ to the video file's name to be able to upload the video.

I'll let you know once the issue is fixed; thank you!

Eric Santos

Hello Nancee! I'm happy that uploading videos is now working well on your end; I saw that my colleague Matthew shared the good news of the fix in your support case. I am updating this post to benefit other community members who may have encountered the same issue.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you.

Karl Muller
Pro Tip: If you'd like a video to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your video file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind, using this method bypasses transcoding and compression, so learners may encounter issues with playback across different devices. File size limits still apply.