Uploading Errors in Cornerstone with Rise Courses

Dec 20, 2018

Hello,

Does anyone else have issues with Rise .zip files uploading with Critical Errors in Cornerstone? This has happened with three of our Rise courses, and Cornerstone has told us the issue is caused by the font files duplicating, and the solution is to delete the duplicated files. We had to ask where/how to do this, because it has never been an issue before (we converted to Cornerstone from SABA this summer). However, when we do this, it also takes our fonts in the courses to Times New Roman instead of the intended font. The course tests fine in SCORM Cloud, and were fine in SABA, so this seems to be a Cornerstone-specific issue.

We are using Rise courses more and more and would love an actual solution, instead of settling for the wrong font in our courses.

Any experience with this?

41 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Hans!

Does your Rise 360 course contain a Storyline block? 

We fixed this issue in a previous update of Storyline 360, so here's how you can take advantage of the fix.

Let me know if that solves it!

Karen Lee

Thank you for responding!

The course does include a Storyline block.
I added the latest version of the Storyline yesterday and all my software is up to date (updated yesterday)

I have uploaded the course to our pilot region and it seems to be working fine but got the same error.
I also unzipped the file and tried to locate the asset and didn't see the asset. 

I don't want to launch the course to our workforce without understanding the error or getting the error corrected if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Karen

Shevi Yuval

Hi

I'm new to rise, and before I start using it I tried uploading a sample course you have (employee health and wellness) so see how it is seen and tracked in Cornerstone. I got multiple error messages. Both when I exported it to scrom 1.2 or 2004/v3. 

What is relevant from the suggestions above? Is there a new way to avoid this?

Thanks

Lea Agato

Hi Jennifer! I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error when your Rise course is being uploaded to Cornerstone.  Does your course contain a Storyline block? If so you can try the following steps:

1. Delete the Storyline block from your Rise course
  2. Republish the Storyline course
  3. Re-add the Storyline block into your Rise course
  4. Publish your Rise course
  5. Retry uploading your course in Cornerstone.

You can also try uploading your Rise course with the Storyline block removed.  Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance!

Tanya V

Hi,

I've been experiencing the same problem as others today; I'm trying to upload a file to BrightSpace (see error attached).

I have followed the steps you've listed above and updated Articulate Storyline, accessed and republished the storyline blocks, deleted the original ones from the Rise course and added in the newly published versions - still no luck :(

When republising the storyline blocks, I tried updating the original and then created new versions.

Can you please advise next steps, removing the Storyline blocks as was suggested in the answer above isn't an option for us.

Thanks,

Tanya