Using a Storyline button to send completion to for Rise course

Dec 18, 2023

Hello,

I have built a Rise course that is heavily dependent on button stacks to create an interactive branching scenario. The reason for using Rise is the client's requirements for their LMS, and non-negotiable. However, I'd like to send complete/passed when someone gets to the end of a specific branch instead of sending on a percent of content viewed (there is no knowledge check/quiz). I created a button in Storyline and set the triggers to complete course as completed/passed when button is clicked and made it look like a Continue button from Rise. I also set the trigger to exit the course. However, I cannot get this to work and actually pass a complete/passed result to the LMS. I exported tracking with a Storyline block.

Because the content is proprietary, I recorded a quick video.  https://clipchamp.com/watch/VyhhszumF6y

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Try removing the trigger that exits the course. That should keep the course active so Rise can recognize that the block has been completed. 

Also, when you publish the Storyline file to Review 360, you need to set that to track via the completion trigger. So verify those publishing settings. 

Here's one more thing to consider: I suggest you have the Storyline block include a summary message. Put an actual CONTINUE button under it that requires the user to complete the Storyline block. Then add a brief closing message after that. When you test that, you'll know that Rise "sees" the Storyline completion trigger when that final CONTINUE button is enabled.