Using Continue to require correct answer on Knowledge Check.

Sep 12, 2017

Hello,
I am attempting to use a Continue divider to require correct answer on Knowledge Check, but cannot get it to work. The Continue button appears even when wrong answers are given. Am I missing something, or is this a feature that is 'in development'?

Thanks,
Dave

82 Replies
Darren McNeill

Any movement on this request? Seems to be very reasonable and I get this request a lot. Surely an option where the user gets the answer correct changes the locked continue divider to active to move on, but if the user gets the answer incorrect then they try again and the continue divider stays locked? What is the point of having an option that shows "Take Again" if the user can move on even when they get the answer wrong? Cannot imagine anyone taking it again once the door is opened to move on.

Laura Schindler

I would also like to see the Continue button having an option to restrict the learner from moving forward until they have answered the knowledge check question correctly. I don't think giving feedback is enough because some learners will not pay attention to the feedback. It's also cumbersome to create something in Storyline. 

Daniel Howman

It would be amazing as well. I don't see why it shouldn't have been an option to toggle on and off to begin with. While I understand that additional commentary can be given with the "knowledge check". It can also be done with a quiz. Having a feature where the learner can't continue until they have got the answer correct enables the learner to embed the correct answer and learnings even prior to a Quiz at the end for retention of information. If a learning outcome is what you want to achieve from the modules we teach, testing throughout the modules should be something that's valued as well, prior to a final quiz being issued. 

Stephen Fleming-Prot

It doesn't look like there has been any action on this. Maybe there is a newer thread that is capturing this idea and others how need it. I need an "attestation," so building it as a Quiz is wonky unless I can suppress all the "quiz" wording. The knowledge check radio buttons or checkboxes would work, if I could just restrict proceeding until they select the "right" answer (acknowledging they have read a document).

Rebecca Krasner

No movement on this in several years? This is a necessary feature, particularly given the extremely limited number of question types available in the Quiz block (and their restrictive functionality). Given the rapidly growing number of high-quality competitors, I'm astounded that Articulate is so dismissive of frequent customer requests for basic features. A bit overconfident in the marketshare, perhaps.

Steven Benassi

Hi SibaPrasad!

Thanks for sharing the feedback on the type of functionality you'd like to see in Rise 360!

I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share. If you'd like to stay up to date, you can bookmark our Feature Roadmap.

Adam Thomas

I developed a course in Rise 360, but have activities/assessments such as multiple choice or drag and drop, and need students to pass these activities before they can "continue". I have used storyline blocks for some quiz types already, I am just not sure how to set the conditions for an activity in storyline that makes it a requirement to get the correct answer before they can continue.