Video does not work in all browsers when published in Rise as Scorm 1.2

May 25, 2017

Hi there. We recently started using Rise and none of the content that we published to our LMS seems to display correctly in IE even for version 11. Our LMS uses Scorm 1.2. Content published in Story Line works fine in the same browser.

When viewing a Rise content, the browser displays blank as per image below.

If I press F12 to display developer mode and select Document Mode 10 or Edge,

then the content displays fine.

Any ideas?

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Angelo!

Thanks for including those screenshots. Have you had a chance to compare the behavior you're seeing in your LMS to the behavior in SCORM Cloud? Since it's industry standard, that will help you narrow down whether the issue lies within the Rise LMS export file or the LMS itself. 

If you'd like us to help you with that testing, shoot us a copy of your LMS export file here, and we'll take care of the rest!  

Angelo Laurence

Hi Alyssa,

I have looked at this issue further and believe the issue lies in the SAP portal which runs the course content.

From my investigation, the SAP Portal when accessed via IE, it defaults to 'Document Mode 5'. Rise content works on IE 11 onwards though I believe it might also work on IE 10. However changing the document mode of the SAP Portal to anything greater than IE 9 generates an error in the SAP portal.

So at this point I believe the issue lies in the SAP portal rather than the Rise app export of SCORM 1.2.

The query that I do have however is that content published via StoryLine works fine in the SAP portal. Does that mean the StoryLine publisher works with older browser?

And finally, can we import the SCORM output from Rise into StoryLine and run a publish/export from StoryLine to SCORM 1.2?

Thanks again.

Regards, Angelo.

Nathan Grepke

I am not sure if this is the same issue I am having. I made a course with RISE and exported to Scorm 1.2 and handed it over the LMS people. They reported back this feedback..."we have found that the course passes testing in Win7/IE11, but won’t launch on Windows 7 running the IE9 browser." This tells me that I need to find a way to export with the HTML5/Flash combination. It does not look like RISE gives me this option. Is it possible to take what I have done in RISE and publish it with Storyline? Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Nathan! You can view a Rise course in Internet Explorer 11, but any version earlier than that wouldn't be supported. 

We've seen folks embed a Rise course in Storyline using a Web Object, so that's definitely possible.  Just keep in mind that HTML5 content won't play in Internet Explorer 9, so you wouldn't see the embedded Rise course using that browser.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.