Videos are not playing in Rise

Feb 20, 2018

I created a Rise course with Replay videos and they play fine for me but when I share the link with others they "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported".  The network did not fail.  This is my first attempt at creating a Rise course, I found it very easy but now people cannot watch it!

I have to use Google Chrome to develop my course because the videos take forever to upload if I use IE 11.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/cf6YhUDHgUodOeapj49BpR9y4u2cdHMI

33 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, David. Are you adding your Vyond videos using a video block or using an embed block with a link (instead of an iframe embed code)?

Also, does your output play in another environment, like SCORM Cloud or a web server? That will help us understand if it's something we can address on the Rise 360 side, or if the LMS is blocking the video stream for some reason.

Linda Kavanagh

I'm having the same issue as other posters, I have included an mp4 video in  a rise course. It plays in preview but when I export it to the web it doesn't play, I've  tried deleting it and reinstating it multiple times to no avail. I've also renamed the video file so that it is short and that had not helped either. Could you provide any advice on how to resolve this.

Amelia Bayer

I am also having a similar problem. I embedded my videos as mp4 or a Youtube link and am getting the "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" error. They work fine when I preview them within the program, but myself and my peer tested it in the HTML format where we received this message. 

Lee Webber

I'm having the same issue as others too, I have included an mp4 video in a rise course. It plays in preview but when I export it to the web it doesn't play, I've tried deleting it and reinstating it multiple times to no avail. I've also renamed the video file so that it is short and that had not helped either. I have raised a ticket with support as there is obviously a compatibility issue with Rise output and Edge and Chrome browsers - the exported file will NOT play in those browsers but WILL play in Internet Explorer.