White lines either side of Storyline block in Rise

Feb 20, 2019

Hello, I have created a Storyline block and dropped it into a Rise course but the block has a white line on both sides - see attached screen shot. I can't see what I have done wrong - please could you help?

Many thanks

Alex 

7 Replies
Alex Bradley

Hi Anthony, 

Thank you for your reply. 

My Storyline block is set up to use the Modern Player with the light option. I have also set the background of my Storyline slides to match the exact hex code of the Rise element. Both are #F5F2F2. I would have thought that this would have created a seamless block? Are you saying that the only way to achieve a seamless look is to always use the colour white? 

Also, could you explain exactly what causes the white lines?

Many thanks for your help.

Alex

Allison LaMotte

Hi Alex,

The white lines you're referring to are where the modern player appears. Currently, there are only two options for the modern player colors: light and dark. You can't set it to a specific hex code. That's why Anthony is suggesting that you change the background of your Storyline course and Rise block to white for a seamless look.

If you'd like to see more color options for the modern player, please log a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs.

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Anthony Goss

Alex,

I think Allison answered your question.  If you use the modern player, there is only a light and dark option. The only way I have been able to get it to look seamless on all devices in Rise is to choose the light option with no controls and make the background color white in Rise. Hopefully, there will be future options to adjust the background color in the modern player. I think there was a post somewhere in the forum about a way to modify the html output of a published course to allow for a custom background color. But I think this was using Storyline only. I’m not a fan of having to go in and hack the code after it is published. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.