The tabs interaction in Engage 360 lets learners explore a group of related items. Use the tabs interaction to:
- Walk through a list of related concepts.
- Identify members of a group.
- Compare several objects.
- Exploring the Editor
- Adding Tabs to Your Interaction
- Renaming Tabs
- Rearranging Tabs
- Deleting Tabs
- Adding Content to Tabs
- Changing the Location and Size of the Tabs
The tabs editor has three columns with the following panels:
Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage tabs for your interaction.
Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each tab.
Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a tabs interaction is called a tab. To add a tab, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Tabs tab on the ribbon and click Add Tab.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the selected tab(s).
New tabs get added just below the tab that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new tabs get added above it.
Tip: A tabs interaction can have up to 12 tabs (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename a tab, do either of the following:
- Double-click the tab in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Type the new name and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the tab in the Steps panel, then type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of tabs, select one or more tabs in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the tabs will be dropped when your mouse button is released.
- Go to the Tabs tab on the ribbon, click Move Tab, then select Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a tab, select it in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Tabs tab on the ribbon and click Delete Tab.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
To add text, audio, and media to each tab in your interaction, see these user guides:
The tabs can appear on the left or right side of your interaction. You can also change how they're sized. Here's how:
- Go to the Tabs tab on the ribbon and click Interaction Properties.
- Select Tabs on the left side of the window that appears.
- Set the following properties:
- Allow tabs to use __% of the interaction width: This determines the width of your tabs. Tabs default to 30% of the width of the overall interaction, but you can enter any percentage between 10 and 70.
- Place tabs on: This determines whether your tabs display on the left or right side of your interaction. Choose an option from the drop-down.
- Size tabs: This determines the height of your tabs. Choose Dynamically or Statically from the drop-down. The default setting, Dynamically, makes each tab as tall as possible, so the list of tabs fills the entire height of your interaction. Statically fixes the height of each tab at 40 pixels.
- Click OK.