Sick of the same old boring multiple-choice quizzes at the end of every e-learning course? Chances are your learners are too. So put the fun back into the learning process by turning your course into a game! If you’re short on ideas, start with the basic concept from one of your favorite game shows. From there, you can adjust the rules to fit your needs.
Take a look at these examples of quizzes to get those creative juices flowing:
- A Jeopardy-inspired e-learning example by Jacinta Penn asks learners to sort questions by subject matter and level of difficulty.
- This trivia game demo by Montse Anderson shows you how simplicity can be extremely effective.
- A Family Feud-inspired example by Alexander Salas demonstrates how easy it is to make a game out of a multiple-choice quiz.
- This great example by Nathan Ford shows the power of game-like scoring to motivate learners. And if you like what you see, you can download the template.
- A great Wheel of Fortune-inspired e-learning example by Rıdvan Saglam shows you how to make language learning fun.
Thirsty for more ideas on how to gamify your course? There are plenty of e-learning game examples where those came from. Start by downloading these 12 community-created game templates and then grab 10 more!
If you want to design your own, check out this article on applying gamification to e-learning to learn what you need to know to get started. And don’t forget to submit your example to E-Learning Challenge #24 to get great feedback from your peers!