Reach 360 is a premium add-on to Articulate 360 you can use to easily share training content with external and hard-to-reach learners. One of the nice things about it is that you’re not limited to one enrollment method. You can use what works best for you—including letting learners register themselves!
Let’s walk through the different options together.
1. Share a Link and Let Learners Self-Register
Self-registration is great for times when you want a large group of people to have access to your training content but don’t want to sign them up one by one.
It’s super easy to do with Reach 360. You just need to enable self-registration and share the link with your learners. Once they’ve signed up, these learners have access to everything that you’ve published to your default library. Such a timesaver!
2. Automatically Add Self-Registered Users to Groups
What if you like the idea of self-enrollment but want to assign specific content to learners? That’s where the group-level self-registration feature comes in.
Say you have a group of new hires who have to take onboarding training like safety procedures and human resources (HR)-mandated training. Simply create a “New Hires” group, assign training to that group, and create a self-registration link. When learners self-register using that link, they’ll automatically be added to the New Hires group and enrolled in all the relevant training. They’ll also be able to view any other content you make available to them in your training library.
3. Enroll Learners and Groups Manually
Self-registration is great for new learners. But if you want to enroll learners already in your organization, or members of your Articulate 360 team, you’ll have to do it manually. You have two options for manual enrollment:
- Enroll learners individually—This option makes the most sense when you only need to enroll a few people—or if you need to enroll people with vastly different training needs.
- Enroll groups of learners—This option is an excellent way to save time if you have multiple people who need to access the same training content. For example, if you have multiple learners who report to Maria in Sales, you can create a “Maria’s Team” group. Then, when you create training on the quarterly numbers for the southern region, you can easily enroll her whole team at once from the Groups tab. And if you add a new person to an existing group, they’ll automatically be enrolled in the relevant training as well.
4. Automatically Enroll New Learners in One or More Groups
What if you need to add learners to multiple groups? Say you have Ahmed from Finance, who needs to take some New Hire training and Finance Team training, for example. Reach 360 makes that really easy, too. Simply invite a learner manually and select both groups from the drop-down menu. Then, when they accept the invitation, they’ll be automatically added to those groups and the training in which they’re enrolled.
You can also add multiple new learners to the same group via CSV. Just add their information to a CSV spreadsheet, then import that file to the group. New learners will receive invitations while any pending users will be added to the group once they accept their invitation. You can even use the CSV method to remove old members from a group all at once. Perfect for refreshing a "New Employees" training group.
5. Bulk-Enroll Learners
Looking for a quick and easy way to enroll a long list of learners? Bulk-import learners using a CSV file. You can even add them to specific groups by adding that information to the spreadsheet.
For example, Sasha needs to be added to the New Hires and Marketing groups. Ronique needs to be added to New Hires as well, plus the Human Resources group. You get the idea. Rather than navigate the drop-down menu in Reach 360 for each one of those learners, you can just enter the group name in the appropriate field in the spreadsheet.
6. Automatically Enroll Learners via an API
What if you want to have your cake and eat it too? Have learners self-register individually and be enrolled automatically in specific training? Or you’d like users to be assigned new training automatically when they finish what’s currently assigned to them? And you would like all of this to be controlled by your human resources information system (HRIS) software. Then you need an API.
With a little bit of technical knowledge, someone versed in creating API commands can develop if/then commands that do exactly what I mentioned in the example above. When Jay signs up via the self-registration link, that event triggers the Reach 360 API command to enroll them in orientation training. Once they complete that, the API can automatically enroll them in the next course. And that’s just the automation that the Reach 360 Course Enrollment API can provide. Check out the full API collection for even more options.
7. Invite Users (and More) with Zapier
Want API-style connectivity between the apps your organization uses and Reach 360 but don’t have programming skills? Check out Zapier! When you connect your Reach 360 account to your Zapier account, you can create a whole host of actions in minutes—no coding required. You can do things like:
- Email invitations to new learners when they’re added via HR software like SimplyHired or BambooHR.
- Award new CertifyMe credentials when users complete courses.
- Email Startquestion evaluations when a course is complete.
And that’s just a tiny tip of the iceberg. Zapier supports thousands of apps and lets you create whatever you need with a few clicks. Read more about setting up Reach 360 and Zapier.
Reach 360 gives you all the options you need to quickly enroll learners and give them access to your training. Want to learn more about Reach 360? Check out these handy resources:
- Announcing Reach 360: A Quick & Easy Way to Deliver Training
- How to Share & Track E-Learning with Reach 360
- 4 Reasons Your Learners Will Love Taking Training Hosted on Reach 360
- 4 Times to Share Your Course with Reach 360
If you’re already an Articulate 360 subscriber and you want to try it out for yourself, request a Reach 360 trial here. And if you’re new to both Articulate 360 and Reach 360 and looking for an easy way to create and deliver training, start a trial of both here.