Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin crashing after installing Articulate 360 + Articulate.Presenter.lpc addin

Oct 30, 2017

Hello,

In case this is not a "known issue", I recently installed articulate 360 and noticed that when I try to save PDFs, powerpoint crashes. When I disable the Articulate.Presenter.lpc add-in, the problem goes away so I can only assume there is some sort of incompatibility issue at work.

Full disclosure: I have Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin & Adobe Presenter PowerPoint COM Addin. The problem MIGHT be related to one or a combination of these not playing nice with the Articulate addin.

For the time being, I have set the Articulate addin to disabled while I await an answer.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Raymond.  Thanks for the details about what's happening.

We've seen other add-ins that have conflicted with Presenter in a way that made activation or using Presenter difficult.  The advice was to disable those other add-ins if they weren't crucial to the work that you're doing with Presenter.

It sounds like you're having the opposite problem, potentially.  Did Adobe support have any experience with other add-ins conflicting with their programs in PowerPoint?

Raymond Pirouz

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I simultaneously visited this and the Adobe forums in case I could quickly find a solution but was unable to given my unique situation.

The reason I decided to focus more on a potential issue between the Articulate add-in and Presenter was the fact that everything was working normally for a few years before I installed Articulate 360 so I assumed the incompatibility/issue arose as a result of the latest change(s) I made to my system.

As a follow-up, after having disabled the Articulate addin I am no longer experiencing the issue but obviously this is not a desirable fix.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.