Articulate Studio 13 update conflicts with PowerPoint 2010

Oct 02, 2015

Since installing the most recent update to Articulate Studio 13, I get error messages every time I try to reopen a project. I'm using PPT 2010. Articulate works like a charm all the way through publishing, but if I quit the project, PPT won't allow me to ever reuse it again. I get three error messages:

Error message 1:

Error Message 1

I click Repair, and this error message comes up:

Error Message 2

This makes no sense to me because nothing has changed on the computer other than installing the newest version of Articulate Studio 13. I click OK and get this final error message (DealerSocket - Contact Dashboard is the name of the lesson):

Error Message 3

I click OK and it acts like it's going to work, but then doesn't let you save it. If you attempt to save it, you get this:

Error Message 4

I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled Articulate, I've put all files on a local drive, I've tried creating a presentation from scratch and working off of older projects known to have worked in the past. Results are always the same. I thought it could be a PPT issue, but again, nothing on my system has changed except the installation of the new Articulate Studio 13 update.

I checked trust center settings and add-ins and couldn't find anything unusual.

Is this a unique issue, or has anyone experienced something similar? A thousand thanks in advance for your input.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Randy, 

A bug has been identified in Flash Player 19.0.0.185 that corrupts PowerPoint presentations with videos and Flash objects. Until Adobe releases an update to fix it, we recommend staying with Flash Player 18.

If a presentation becomes corrupt, PowerPoint will let you know that it found a problem and will ask if you want to repair it. When you repair it, PowerPoint will report that "some controls on this presentation can't be activated" and it'll attempt to remove the corruption. Unfortunately, it usually fails in this scenario, so we created a utility to repair your corrupt presentations.

Here's how to downgrade to Flash Player 18 and repair a corrupt presentation:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.