(AS) Articulate studio 2013 - Problems encountered

Nov 25, 2013

Hi,

I am an avid support of AS 2009. I had recommeded this software to my company.

However, eversince I upgraded 2009 to 2013 version. I faced these problems :

1. The first slide - narration always jump to next slide after 2 secs of narration. So I had to create a 2nd slide to start the actual narration. So the first one becomes a dummy opening.

2. When I access the slides  through network, the narration towards the end always gets cut off when reaching the end. This happens to at least 10 slides out of my 30 slides. I restart my computer, hook up LAN cable and close rest of application but it does not help.

I had been using 2009 for many years but I only encounter above issues with 2013.

Does AS 2013 having some bug issues ? Does anyone faces the sames issues ?

I had launched 3 courses online and now I am at wits end to address the concern.

Thank you and I really need great help on this !

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joanne and welcome to Heroes! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the upgrade to Studio 13. In regards to the first item you mentioned, the narration is longer than 2 seconds, but the slide is still jumping to the second slide? Does the narration continue onto the second slide? You'll want to check within the Audio Editor to see if there was a "set next slide" change set up according to that audio file:

In regards to your second issue, are you viewing the published version or viewing a local copy? First, you'll want to make sure that you've created and published your Presenter course to your local drive, and then that you're testing the published version within the intended environment to prevent odd behavior or encountering local security restrictions. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.