Branching Issue

Nov 12, 2012

I've created a project in Articulate '09 and have a branching issue.  I've looked around the forums and haven't found anyone having quite the same issue I am. 

I have several sections with branching where learners are given one slide that contains several "buttons" for them to choose from. When learners select a button, they are taken to a new slide. Once the content on that new slide is complete, the presentation branches back to the initial slide in the group and the learner selects a new "button". 

I have this type of interaction in this particular presentation in several places and it works like a dream...until you get to the last grouping.  In that group, the branching takes you back to the wrong slide-even though I have NO hidden slides in the PPT presentation AND the correct slide number for the return branching appears in the slide properties (i.e. If I look at slide 77, it's slide properties show that it's supposed to branch to slide 75 when the narration ends;  but when the narration ends, it goes back to slide 64 instead.). 

I've rebuilt the section twice trying to solve the issue, but that hasn't worked. I can't understand why it's only affecting this one section and none of the other ones. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Tracie. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

It sounds like you've already looked around quite a bit for a resolution to this issue. It does sound strange, especially since you've already recreated the section. Would you mind submitting a support case with us? Please include a Presenter Package and upload it with your case.

After opening a case, please respond to this post with your case number. This way I can track the progress of the case and share the solution for any other Heroes that experience the same issue. 

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.